ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT HONORS AWARD
Code IKD Issued 04/04
Purpose: This policy establishes the minimum requirements for a District Academic Achievement Honors Award.
of this policy will apply to any student who is eligible for and receives a
· The student shall have completed thirty (30) units including the eighteen (18) units as approved by the State Board of Education for college preparatory programs, ten (10) additional elective units, and two additional units in one or more of the following areas: English, science, social studies, mathematics.
· The student shall have received a minimum grade of “B” in all semester courses, each semester in grades 9-12.
· The student shall have achieved a combined score of 1,000 on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or an American College Test (ACT) composite score whose minimum ACT/SAT conversion table equivalent is 1,000.
· Beginning with the ninth grade class of the 2003-2004 school year and thereafter, to qualify for a district Academic Achievement Honors Award, a student shall have achieved a combined score of 1100 on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or an American College Test (ACT) composite score whose minimum ACT/SAT conversion table equivalent is 1100.
· Each high school principal will submit names of eligible students to the superintendent after the third nine weeks reporting period of the senior year.
· A uniform special district Academic Achievement Honors Award will be issued to each qualifying student.
Adopted 8/11/87; Revised 4/17/90, 6/15/93, 4/18/00, 7/29/03, 4/20/04