Code ILB-R Issued 12/09
Tests administered by this district or through the State Board of Education will include, but are not limited to, the following.
· Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)
· statewide assessment program tests [Palmetto Assessment of State Standards (PASS); South Carolina Alternative Assessment (SC-Alt); exit examination; end-of-course tests]
· statewide testing program tests mandated by the Education Accountability Act of 1998 and current applicable laws and regulations related to students with disabilities and special needs
· examinations for admission to programs such as gifted and talented
· high school equivalency program test (GED)
The district will not use any state-owned test materials or district-owned materials which are the same as those used in any state-mandated testing program for census testing in the grades included in the state-mandated program(s) except on testing dates specified by the state department of education.
The district must provide for the security of state and district testing materials during testing and the storage of all secure tests and test materials before, during and after testing. Throughout the time testing materials are under the control of the school district, tests must be secured under lock and key when not in use for approved test administration activities. All mandated state testing security procedures will be followed.
Each school year, the superintendent will appoint one individual in the district who will be solely responsible for obtaining test instruments (including commercial tests) used in testing programs administered by or through the state board of education. The superintendent will submit the name of the designated individual so appointed to the state department of education in writing on an annual basis.
No employee of the district will knowingly or willfully commit security violations as outlined in state regulation.
Issued 11/18/03; Revised 12/15/09